Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday, March 29th,2008

On Saturday I went to Sedona, Arizona with Caleb (a minister with Extreme Prophetic), Todd (from the night before), and my buddies who are also involved with XP, Casey and Jerry. For those of you who don't know Sedona is surrounded by beautiful red mountains. So we were going to hike one of the mountains.

We arrived and started our climb and almost immediately we passed a lady on her way down who was limping. Todd was like "Here we go!", then he asked her what had happened and she told us that she hurt her knee. So Todd said "Oh man, you gotta do me a favor...you gotta let me pray for you." She said okay. He placed his hand on her knee and began praying. He prayed 3 times and each time she said it felt like it was getting better, but it didn't fully get healed right there. But she said "Thanks guys, that was a very loving thing to do." So Todd just explained to her that loving people and praying for healing was suppose to be everyday Christian life. Then asked her if the name Michelle meant something to her. She said "No", but he asked again. He explained how he was learning to hear from the Lord, so he asked her if a girl by the name Michelle may had done something mean to her a long time ago. She though about it and said "Nope." Then he said okay....then asked her if she liked kids, as in working with kids. She said yeah. Then he said "Yeah you like working with little kids, like 8 and younger. She said that that was her favorite age group. Then he told her how the Lord was telling him that that love for those children are gunna help her foster them for the Lord. She was quite taken back. He really hit the nail of the head with that one.

So then we continued up the mountain. Jerry tried climbing up this steep rock face and feel and twisted his ankle. Todd prayed for 3 times and his ankle felt a little better so he came up to where I was at, and we just kinda chilled there for a few minutes. Jerry was still in a little bit of pain so I asked him if I could try praying for him. So I prayed twice and it didn't seem to help. Then Casey came over to give it a shot, but he wanted to pour coffee on it first. We he did and we got a laugh out of it.

So I was slightly bummed because I wanted to see that lady get fully healed and I wanted to see Jerry get healed but Todd's prayers weren't working and my prayers did do anything. I want to mention this stuff because I think it's important for you to know that not everyone you pray for gets healed. Some days it seems like no one is getting healed, but there's still a seed that has been planted in that person. And just like anything that you want to be good at, you have to keep at it and keep practicing and the more you do it, then the more people you'll see get healed. (by the way, the next day God used Todd to heal a lot of people, more on that later). But see, I'm just starting out praying for healing for people. If I keep doing it, then eventually someone is going to get healed, and the more I keep doing it, there will come a time when almost everyone I pray for gets healed.

On our way down the mountain Todd was talking to anyone he who was walking past us. The wind came up and blew my hat off so I chased it down the mountain while Todd and Casey where still toward the top. While I was chasing my hat, Todd started talking to this father and his 2 younger songs...the youngest one was 7 years old. They started talking about Jesus and what ended up happening was that all 3 of them accepted Jesus in their hearts, got baptized by the Holy Spirit and where speaking in tongues. The youngest son was shaking under the power of the Holy Spirit. After there close encounter of the God kind they followed Todd down the mountain to and he introduced the family to me and told me what had just happened. It was rad.

After that we stopped at Wendy's to get some grubbage. Todd was praying for one of the employees. There were 2 high school kids sitting at the table next to where Todd was praying. One of the kids, a girl, started laughing and at Todd and poking fun at him with the other kid, a guy. When Todd finished praying for the employee he starting talking to them. He was just telling them how Jesus loved them and she continued laughing. Todd told her it wasn't polite to laugh and challenged her to let him pray for them to feel God's presence. They accepted and he prayed and sure enough God showed up and they both felt him. Todd looked up at her and tears where in her eyes and she ran outside not sure what to make of what just happened.

So that was all the highlights of that day...Turn the page.

No comments: