Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tuesday, April 1st

Today was a day of personal breakthrough for me.

While I was at work I was praying for God to have me pray for someone. I was all pumped with from the last four days of watching Todd. I wanted to walk in boldness like him. PAUSE

One thing I didn't mention about the day before at the theater is that we ran into these people who where at the same meeting as Todd like a week ago. They asked Todd to pray for them to be as bold as him. I was thinking about Todd's boldness and just boldness in general. When I first met Todd and watched him go up to strangers I thought to myself "Wow, this dude has got balls." I assumed his boldness came from him just being brave. But today the Lord revealed to me that his boldness comes from the fact that he fells Jesus' heart for his people. He feels the hurt that Jesus has when someone is sick and he feels how much love Jesus has for this person and how bad Jesus wants this person to be set free. That's where the boldness comes from. Not kuz he has balls.

RESTART////So anyway, I was praying and just itching to pray for someone. I walked outside and saw the security guard. I felt like God was saying "That's the one, pray for him." So I went up to him and ask him what his name was. He said his name was Stan. Then I said, "Stan, this might sound strange, but I feel like God wants me to pray for you." He was cool with it so I asked him if here anything wrong in his body. He said no and said he felt blessed to be in such good condition for being 60 years old. So I asked him if he was a believer. He said that he used to be and how he was raised southern baptist, but how he hasn't been sure what to believe anymore. He hadn't been walking with God for a long time. He started talking about the crazy muslims and all that and I was thinking to myself "Yeah, that's great, I don't care, I just want to pray for you." But he went on and I couldn't get in a word edgewise. So I kinda cut him off and said "Ok, well I'm gunna pray that God gives you dreams and visitations in the night." I put my hand on his shoulder and began praying. The gist of the prayer was that God would reveal himself to him and that he would know he was real and that Stan would know that Jesus was waiting from him with arms wide open if he was ever ready to come back. I could feel the Holy Spirit all over me and it was increasing. But I guess as I was praying my co-workers came out and Stan saw them looking at me and Stan interupted me and asked if I would get in trouble. When he stopped me the Holy Spirit left and I just quickly said amen and told Stan he was awesome. He said thank you for my prayer, and I walked away. I was floating. It felt great to step out of my comfort zone and pray for someone.

No comments: